June 19,2009.
8:30p.m.
My husband and I were invited to the Hadiah Sastera Kumpulan Utusan 2008. It is just a prize giving event where the winners competed in a writing competition held by the Utusan Group. My husband and I were invited because ExxonMobil was the main sponsor. This year, the event was held at Istana Budaya.
Ofcourse, my husband and I arrived early to get parking. We ate dinner at a stall next to the busy road next to Titiwangsa. Surprisingly, it was delicious.
By 8:45p.m, Tun Dr. Mahathir arrived with his wife and other vips such as ExxonMobil's new big boss. Hugh. My husband and I had a good laugh because Dr. Mahathir sat directly behind my husband. I'll upload the pic later.
Other people were there like (sorry if I spell the names wrong) Aziz Satar, and other antique actors as I call them since I don't know their names. What's his name.....aaaaaaaa.....who cares. I don't care for him anyways.
The event started with a preview from the Istana Budaya group performing a scene from the lates play "Mana Setangginya" by Noordin Hassan. I give cudos for thoes who performed. The set was awesome. I wish I could have seen the whole play.
Then there was the doa. Which I though was very contradictory. Just before that there was singing..and dancing..and a married women being held by another man..........I'm sorry. If you're a Muslim..and you are MARRIED, you shouldn't let another man touch your neck..and carry you while you're dancing. The sin just doubles. whatever.
The entertainment for the night was Anuar Zain and Misha Omar. I have to say, they both can sing live. There are a few Malaysian singers who actually sound good when singing live..and Anuar and Misha are two of those.
There was also poetry reading by A. Samad Said. I like the music that accompanied the poetry reading.
After the show, there was refreshments. The tables were set "western" style. High tables, with no chair (you know...the kinds that they have when ppl are having a cocktail drink). They should have atleast provided us with some chair.
My husband and I 'socialized' with this one couple. We just talked about the performance and what nots. Turns out, the man's late father was a Malaysian karyawan. (what's karyawan in English..i dunno) His late father's name was Muhammad Dahlan bin Abdul Biang (lol) or known as Arena Wati.
Overall, the event was fun. It was something for my husband and I to do..just because..we don't socialize that often. sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
arenawati laaah
Sounds cool!
wah. i sangat jeles ok
Post a Comment